Many of the most successful affiliate marketers started their business in a niche that they were interested in, knowledgeable and even passionate about. Because of their knowledge and passion, they know what works and what doesn’t work, in their industry. When you are passionate about a certain topic, it’s much easier to stay abreast of the trends and to identify opportunities within that specific market.
Many new bloggers jump in a niche they know little about, just because it’s a hot topic or has a selection of high-ticket items, thinking they will generate a massive bankroll, but rather they end up falling flat on their face. It is extremely difficult to speak with any level of authority on a topic you know nothing about.
It takes a great deal of time and energy to create a website that’s filled with rich content that is popular and trusted by visitors. If you can’t imagine yourself talking about, eating, breathing and sleeping a topic, for an entire year, or more, it’s probably not a topic you want to get into.
When a site is developed around a topic on which you are knowledgeable and have some level of credibility, or at the very least, on a topic you are eager to learn and learn well, the end result is higher conversion rates, higher sales and eventually, success!
Find a Niche for Your Site
Consider the following when trying to find your own niche:
· List five subjects you are especially passionate about
· Would your friends and family consider you to be an expert on a particular topic?
· What are some hobbies or interests you regularly pursue?
· Are you active in any sports?
· Ask your friends and family what they think you would be good at doing?
· Are there any problems you are especially good at solving?
Make a list of topics you are most interested in. Don’t worry about the marketability aspects at this point, just focus on your list. In the end, if you build a quality website they will come.
Now to become an ‘expert’ – you don’t have to take a college course, you don’t have to attend countless seminars to become somewhat of an expert or at least knowledgeable on your choice topics. Simply follow the steps below to get you started.
1. Buy a book or ebook on your preferred subject that’s written by an expert and read it cover to cover. If finding time to read is a problem, find podcasts on the subject and listen to them and jot down notes as you feel inspired.
2. Make a list of 10 or more problems people encounter on your subject and figure out how to solve those problems.
3. Visit Amazon.com and search for books on your subject. On the books labeled “Look Inside” – review the table of contents to get an idea of what is being talked about. Use this information to help map your own content.
Before long, you will know what subject(s) from your list, you are most interested in and which ones you can write about without growing tired of the subject matter.
Follow us on Facebook